Today I had a requirement where I had to change the view of the default Quote report by adding the Company Logo to it.
- Starting with , I first downloaded the Quote.rdl file from the Quote Report.
- Opened the Visual Studio 2008 -> New Project
- Under Business Intelligence Project selected Report Server Project
- Provided the proper name for the project and then under project -> Add Existing Item
- Selected the Downloaded Quote.rdl file and under Data Source select the correct Organization_MSCRM(By default “Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM” is selected)
Now when I tried to preview the default Quote report then the following error was shown up on the screen:
The Error clearly mentioned that it was unable to load the file or assembly “Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper”
Having no clue from where to initiate this fix, I started searching the report properties.
Under Report -> Report Properties -> References tab I found the missing assembly.
I simply selected that particular assembly and Deleted it.
Later when I once again clicked the Preview tab beside Design tab then Bingo !!! This time I was able to see the preview.
I then added the company Logo to the report and Imported the .rdl file back. And the task was completed.
Hope this post will help someone to figure out this error soon.