Recently I was Installing CRM-2011 on a new Server Environment. During the installation process where we define the Base Currency, I went for selecting Indian Rupee but the symbols were not appearing correctly.
I was quite amazed after looking into this as this was happening only with Indian Currency. After giving it a thought I realized that since the Currency Symbol has recently been changed so there might be an update which might be missing.
I Google it and luckily found the exact same issue. This issue is caused by not having installed a necessary Windows update on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.
After Installing this windows update the Indian Currency Symbol appeared.
The same has also been discussed in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base Article.
Hope this post was quite informative.