I had a requirement wherein I was suppose to Import the Thai Language data into CRM. As per the normal procedure, I created a .csv file and Imported the data using Data Import Wizard. Everything looked fine until I saw the Result.
All the Thai Data were replaced with “?”. Since Thai, Chinese, Japanese,Korean,French and many other languages are in Unicode Format. Hence Importing Data is a bit different.
- I first saved the Excel sheet data in Unicode Text Format.
- The resultant file was saved in the .txt format.
- Then I browsed for this file in the Data Import Wizard and clicked Next.
- In the Delimiter Settings, I choose the Field Delimiter as Tab Character and clicked Next again and continued with the rest of the process to complete the Import Wizard Process.
- This time when I saw the result, It was just as expected.
There are other ways as well. I found another blog which explain it in detail.
Hope this was Helpful.