In my previous CRM Setup, after completing the Installations I was able to create a new Organization successfully without any errors. But when I opened the first instance of CRM then the IE showed up the following error:
“Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)]”
Since it was an restricted environment with all the service accounts set to minimum permissions, I knew the impersonation error has to do something with the missing access/permission. To understand the error in detail, I searched the Event Viewer and found the Web Event error under Windows Logs -> Application.
The error details further mentioned that my App Pool account is missing the impersonation privilege as Is impersonation is set to False.
I found the same problem discussed in the forum here and here. The resolution talks about adding all the service accounts as the local administrator in the security group of the server. Since the service accounts are suppose to maintain the minimum privileges, hence I only added my issue account i.e. the App Pool account as the user under Adminstrator.
After adding the account, there was no more error and I was able to browse the CRM. Hope that was helpful. Thanks !